Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Review: BURNING EMERALD by Jaime Reed

Burning Emerald (The Cambion Chronicles, #2)
Also see my review of Living Violet




Burning Emerald by Jaime Reed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So much happens in book 2 of the Cambion Chronicles it took me some time after reading to process and percolate on this one. a definitive and well planned cliffhanger rolling into book 3. Well played, Ms. Reed. I was punched in the gut.

If you haven't read this series yet, get ON IT.

If you haven't read book 1, there are spoilers, reading further. Be warned. Samara and Caleb are back and still working the kinks out to their relationship. This time, both Caleb and Samara have inner Cambion demons to satiate and keep happily fed. But what Samara isn't counting on is the new hot guy in school, Malik and the connection he shares with her inner demon. This creates a tangled love triangle that twists and turns through a gripping plot that will keep you turning pages and breathless all at the same time.

Often with second books in a series, the middle one is more of a doorstop than its own wonderful standalone story. You'll enjoy it more if you read book 1 first, but you could essentially pick this one up and read it without a problem. Most of the highlights of book 1 are touched on to refresh your memory if you've forgotten anything. I enjoyed both books equally well, if not even more so with book 2 and all the shocking revelations and surprises along the way. Many of these I did not see coming.

And, as I alluded to above, the ending is such a huge cliffhanger, I'm chomping at the bit to read FADING AMBER to find out how the story concludes. This is by far my favorite paranormal series, with a unique and hilarious voice that kept me reading and wanting more.

Highly, highly recommended. If you haven't read this series, you NEED to read it NOW.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment