Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Review: TWIN SENSE by Lydia Sharp

Twin SenseTwin Sense by Lydia Sharp
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This novella debut by the incomparable Lydia Sharp is such a page turner. Okay, well, it's currently only in ebook format, so it's a clicky clicky...you get the picture. Suffice it to say you'll definitely read this one all in one sitting. It's too good to put down, and you'll want to get to the end of the story to find out what happens, so just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling...

Now that I've read it, I totally understand the cover, too. I love the yellow dresses and how similar they look and how their hands are *kissing* the way their arms do in the spring formal photo op.

I thoroughly loved Lydia's style of writing, the wit and the humor she uses. It seems effortless, but I know it's hours of careful crafting, of laying out each sentence perfectly. It's her signature writing style.

This isn't your typical love triangle thingy, way overdone in YA books, especially contemporary, which this one is. It is a new creature, all together, a love quadrangle, and by that, I mean, all four, all mixed up, and oh so delectable to read and unravel the twists and turns.

Sherri and Layna are dating the Taylor twins, but you'd think they were twins with their special TWIN SENSE ability to sense things the way twins can. And, let's just say, something is always up around these four. Kevin and Keith are the actual twin brothers, and each has their plusses and their drawbacks. Even in so short a space, Lydia crafts amazingly real characters you'll fall instantly for.

For a debut, this is an amazing read, and I hope it's the first of many more to come from this promising YA author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment